Quote:

Quote:

[Email]274@.6[/Email] sounds like a good bowl ported, and gasket match set of 906. I woulden wast my money on cnc, porting on these heads period!

Modern cylinder head cnc's them, I think they know what there doing!

I know how they work, I purchased a set of Eddy's not long after they came out. The actually did check out OK for Use OOTB. Big heavy 69 Coronet totally stock suspension and gearing, bench seat went mid 7's in the 8th mile, so I know how they can work, seeing how they are direct copy's.
Im just saying they have cracking problems, I can only imagine cnc port work would make them much worse.
This isnt hear say, My best friend has a set on his mud truck, they are one season old...Both heads leak water like a sprinkler.
Im not saying he done everything correct with this engine, but I dont see Indy heads, or Edelbrock heads cracking under race conditions.
Thats all I am saying.....
great for a little street car, or daily driver, they wont go on anything that makes more than 500hp in my book.
They would get looked over, just like any other head for that matter.
Fact is the castings are not that great.
The material is soft. Valves, retainers and springs are junk, and wouldnt run these OOTB on one of my engines if they were offered for FREE..just to do this.
Im not trying to make this a 440 Source Bash fest.
Im just saying they are ment for a replacement head..They work well, and do work well even ported. But the casting problems and parts, and machine work can and do cause major problems....
Just the facts.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]