Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess I'm confused, I see a lot of bracket cars at the track running stock heads, I see stock eliminator cars running stock heads, and I'm guessing these Stealth heads flow better than stock from what I have read.
Why would they not be race worthy if they flow better than stock both out of the box and ported?
I would think it would depend on what you wanted to do and how fast you want to go. I see no reason why a set these CNC ported Stealth heads wouldn't be fine for a 3500lb bracket car running 10's all day long.

I guess that all depends on how fast you want to go. Mid 10's to me isn't what it used to be. Compare flow numbers of maxxed out Stealths to almost anything Indy makes but especially their top shelf stuff. Now compare this stuff to the better Ford and Chevy heads. I stand by what I said.

440Source does not claim that it is a race head. That is totally NOT its purpose. Its a stock replacement(almost identical)and is supposed to make a "stock looking" motor faster than it looks. And I think it succeeds for its intended purpose...plus, it is cheap. This may tempt alot of guys to use it for bracket or other limited type of racing. Just like the Eddy RPM. The flow numbers are pretty much the same for both. The RPM may look more like a race head but its not much better than a maxed out 906 iron head ..just like the Stealth. The BB Chev head, by its design, is an inherently a good flowing head just like a Hemi. So, you almost have to compare the BB mopar to a SB chevy...thats what it most closely resembles and the power can go from the most wimpy to fairly muscular...but not until serious changes are made in the design..ports, valve size and length etc etc,. Then you have a head that does not even look stock any more. The ports are much bigger and raised, the plugs are relocated and the head itself is taller and wider.

When comparing flow numbers from different companies, you are not comparing apples to apples. It is well known in the industry that certain companies greatly inflate their flow numbers, while others are much more accurate. The ONLY way to evaluate flow numbers is if all the heads you are comparing are flowed on the same calibrated flow bench, bolted to the same fixture (bore size), and flowed by the same person at the same time.

Bottom line is, several dozen of our CNC'd stealth heads have been dyno'd on 500+ CI engines. They make in the area of 675-725 horsepower everytime like clockwork.

We will be the first to tell you, if you are looking for 750+ HP, these are not the heads for you. If you are looking for 700/725 HP or less, (generally in the 9 second range for most cars) then they will be a good option, as they have been proven without a doubt to be capable of these power levels.