Quote:

Quote:

if I unplug the key in relay, the car shuts off normal. With this plugged in, I have power at the resistor, coil, etc....where it's not supposed to be. With the relay un-plugged, power is normal at coil, resistor etc..I think somehow the key is causing the "ground". If I pull the key out of the column as I'm turning the car off, it will shut off normally.

You are picking up the relay coil with the key in, it woudl seem you have a wire landed on the wrong contact of the relay.

I wonder if it does it with the door open or closed?

From what I understand the way it is suppose to work is... If the key is in the ignition + the door is open. the buzzer is suppose to sound.

Apparently you are not getting the buzzer and the car continues to run. Maybe there is a short or there is a mis-wire at the buzzer causing the red wire there to go directly to the blue wire with the tracer.

Allen Here's a novel idea, let's not throw a bunch of parts at the car hoping it will fix the problem and instead spend a little time diagnosing it first. Life was a little easier when I was just a wrench.