I don't know if it is too many questions or they are jumbled together, or what, but I cannot follow. Maybe all of them.

Quote:

Hello! Did some more troubleshooting tonite after work. Allen, thank you, for the wiring diagrams!

You are welcome I will try ton answer what questions I can.

Quote:

I disconnected the connector from the ignition switch, as I'm doing this, I hear "clicking"By the glove box, the relay "clicks", According to the wiring digrams this is the "key in buzzer" relay.

It is normal for it to click.

Quote:

With this plugged in,

The key, the connector, or the relay? Or all of them?

Quote:

everything under the hood has power, BUT, as soon as I take the key completely out of the tumblers, ALL the power is gone under the hood, car shuts off normally. Why is the key causing the continuity? IF I turn the car off, leave key in, it will stay running. If I shut car off, then remove key, it will shut off normally...

Sounds like an issue with the ignition assembly.

Quote:

Remember, I am using an underdash harness from Y1, it said it is like the 1971 and this relay is the horn relay..???

I don't follow on this part at all, what are you saying?

Quote:

Does this relay even need to be plugged in? Everything works without it. I don't have the "key in" buzzer anyway, or a horn for that matter! AND, what about the VOLT meter, it does nothing (it is brand new) is it possible to hook it up backwards, the red and black wire?? Would it matter?? The alt is not charging also. Boy, this has been a learning experience, and I couldn't have done it without all you guys!! A BIG thank you!! Jeff

I don't think you should be worried about so many things at one time. I think you should worry about one thing at a time.

I do think you should concentrate on the Ignition not shutting off first.

I'm not sure if I understand the above statements but it sounds like you have an issue with the ignition assembly.

Last edited by HealthServices; 05/28/10 12:21 AM.