Quote:

Hello again everyone. Sorry some of this runs together, I'm trying to type as fast as my brain is coming up with ideas....ain't workin'! Anyway, Yes, Allen, if I unplug the key in relay, the car shuts off normal. With this plugged in, I have power at the resistor, coil, etc....where it's not supposed to be. With the relay un-plugged, power is normal at coil, resistor etc..I think somehow the key is causing the "ground". If I pull the key out of the column as I'm turning the car off, it will shut off normally. When I bought the harness from Y1, it came with instructions that stated "this harness uses different relay than a 1970, it is included" Superwrench, the red wire at the relay has power when the key is in, no power with the key pulled out..With the relay unhooked, the oil gauge still works tho. I just don't have VOLT or GAS gauge working. Again, Thank you all for helping me!! Jeff

Sounds like the power is some how back feeding thru the key buzzer. Wonder if it has anything to do with the diode here

Allen Here's a novel idea, let's not throw a bunch of parts at the car hoping it will fix the problem and instead spend a little time diagnosing it first. Life was a little easier when I was just a wrench.