Quote:

I agree for some reason you are not getting enough voltage at the starter to crank the motor. Better and maybe easier to just relocate the battery to the front until the motor is broke in.

I would though try two things real quick before transferring the battery.

1. With the ignition disabled get some jumper cables to the starter and somewhere on the motor for block ground to see if it turns over. This will rule out a possible binding situation with the starter. This will also tell you if you have a issue with the wiring or the strength of the battery.

2. What is the condition of the battery? Does it have a high cca rating? 800 or better? If not and the wiring is wired correctly I would also test by jumping the battery with one in another car (car running)like you would two cars.

My car currently has a old yellow top Optima. I know it is starting to get weak (about 8 years old now) as the voltage at the starter will drop down to 8.5 volts sometimes when cranking. With a jump it will spin like crazy.

How did you test for spark, without the motor turning over?

After the first time, I swapped to a known good battery that's only a few months old out of my Barracuda. It's either 750 or 850 cca.

It's turning it over now, and I hooked up a timing light while cranking and it didn't flash, so that's where I figured I have no spark.

I'm done with it for tonight. I'll look into it tomorrow some more.