Well at least making sure my insanity works well enough. Is intended to be a fun car, but will see strip time, probably some road course time as well.

What I have:
-the chassis
68 Charger 12 pt cage SFI'd for 8.50
coil over, rack and pinion front end
ladder bar rear
9" Strange Ford with 4.30 gearset
6spd T56 with 0.50 top overdrive
McCleod 1200hp "street" dual disk clutch

-the engine
505" Megablock w/B1 originals
GRP aluminum rods
unknown pistons, probably whatever brand Koffel uses
cast B1 intake

-the tentative plan

The engine will be going to a local machine shop, which has done good work for me in the past. They do a lot of large inch brand X stuff, as well as some turbo Cosworth stuff for the open wheel guys. I have a good comfort level with the shop.

My chassis guy does excellent fab work on turbo stuff and has me sold on the benefits of an EFI turbo car over a large cam NA car for street use.

What I plan on doing is pulling the aluminum rods and pistons out of the motor and replacing with steel rods, brand undetermined, probably Eagle or Crower. Looking at getting compression around 9.5 or 10:1, which seems to be about as good as it gets with 65cc combustion chambers in a 4.375 bore. I'm looking very hard at Big Stuff EFI; comments, experience? Also turbo and cam recommendations? I'm not set on any given power level, although on E85, intercooled, I'm expecting well north of 1000HP. Given this amount of power, my most pressing concern is not destroying anything expensive due to failure to plan.

Fire away. S/F.....Ken M