Quote:

I think i saw it mentioned here on moparts before that licensing a part cost 7%, is that correct?

If thats true I wouldnt think it would hurt sales with a 7% surcharge added for the pentastar marking

Well, no. Licensing varies based on the type of part it is. You also have to pay, upfront, once the license is given for a certain part based on projected sales.

Taking the emotions for a part out of the equation, you have to evaluate the percentage of lost sales not having the Penta Star compaired to manufacturing cost plus licensing fees.

Because of the minimal exposure on the car the Penta Star has on this particular part, it might not warrant it. If the prevailing percentage is licensing over lost sales, looking at it as strictly a business decision, the part might not get it.

For those that want to whimper, belly ache and lay on the ground kicking and screaming like a little girl that the part is somehow substandard, why don't you put up the money and make the part. Better yet, I'll sell you the whole run with the Penta Star at a couple percentages over cost and I'll buy them from you.