Quote:

So whats the best way to go about cutting?

I obviously need to pull the console and the carpet. I would like to not have to pull the tranny.

Dayclona so if I understand you correctly. I need to make a cut that goes from the shift hole, to the firewall seem. That cut is going to spread outwards as it makes it closer to the firewall. I will also need to bend or cut the flange under the tranny tunnel. Make a patch weld it in and reassemble? By doing this I will be able to tuck those headers up nice and high and actually pull in my garage without dragging them

Ryan the way Doug chose to increase the height of the tranny tunnel is favorable to, as I said the Tremec is a tall (vertical) case, in my install in the 70 B body, I could have left the floor stock, and would have had to deal with rephaseing the driveline, which you will be REQUIRED to check/confirm and perform anyway, but apon intial checking with a inclination meter, determined the angles were to radical, so I cut a seam from the shifter opening were the Keisler shift tower protrudes straight up the center to the floor/firewall seam, them made a cut across the seam, basically a "T" shaped cut, then pulled the seam open starting at the firewall/floor seam, the filler strip was about 2" wide, 2 ft long,,,tapering to a point at the shifter hole,.....Keisler applications vary from body to body, engine to engine, some cars I've done, no floor mods needed, other than a 4 speed hump, some cars are mildly modded on the floor, some radical,....but basically I firmly believe the driveline angle should be proper, regardless of what has to be done to the trans tunnel or brace, the benefits of the Keisler far outway the merits of so-called "originality" regarding the tranny tunnel

Mike