Remember this heap? Actually, if you knew what you were looking at, the body was exceptional on this car. All original sheet metal except small patches seam welded in the rear lower quarters. Just like the blue 71 Cuda last year, we will be preparing this car for the mini restoration clinic on the morning of February 20th for the annual B/E & A winter party. With all the moving plans, painting floors & walls and installing a down draft easy bake oven, we will try to get as much of the assembly work done as possible. With the new facility, we will be able to do 100 percent of our restoration work in house short of motors done by Nick at Comp-U-flow and the 4-speed boxes by my very good friend Gus the meat smoking maniac.

I dragged the car to the shop that Saturday night of the Mopar Nationals with the help of Dennis the previous owner. He was kind enough to follow us on his way back to his home in Indiana. The actual restoration work started around the October 1st area. While the body was away, the drive line and interior work was done. If you remember, it took 5 days to assemble about 80 percent of the blue 71 Cuda last year. With all the additional distractions, I’m afraid the T/A might take 2 weeks to get it to that level .

5771452-101_0845[1].jpg (1050 downloads)
Last edited by HEMICUDA; 01/31/10 10:13 AM.