Bobby, what an interesting question. I guess it comes down to: exciting to whom? I presume that you intentionally used the word “excitement”, verses “popularity”.

Here is a story. Take away from it what you want.

I participated in one of those airport drag strip racing events held locally. Everything is heads up racing. They had classes you could sign up for. I signed up for the non-power adder street class. Before they started racing, they called for me to report to the tent. I was one of two guys signed up for the non-power adder street class (keep in mind there are hundreds of cars that go to these things). My only option was to run with the power adder guys. I did not win, but raced the winner and I was the second fastest car in the class. As people discovered that my car had no power adders, the interest in the car became pretty high. I probably removed my air cleaner 15 times to show people that there wasn’t some nitrous hidden somewhere.

I was pleased with my results. There was also an acknowledgement and appreciation for my car and its performance. However, most of the fast guys there had power adders.