Quote:

I am trying to make some choices to upgrade the front suspension of my 1970 Dodge Dart for improved handling. I'm just looking to make it a bit more sure-footed. It's primarily a cruiser, with an occasional trip to the drag strip, but the steering does feel a little vague on the freeway, and I'd like it to corner a little better. Currently, I have stock front suspension components (all rubber bushings in good condition), a Firm Feel level II box, a Mopar Performance (Addco?) front swaybar, KYB shocks, and 15x6 Halibrand wheels with 205/65R15 radials. I've attached the printout from the last time I had it aligned - by a guy that has a reputation for being Mopar-savvy.

Some of the components I'm considering, either individually or some combination, are tubular upper a-arms, Moog offset bushings, and the Dixie Restoration Parts adjustable strut rods.

So, what are the thoughts out there?

First don't be so mad matt.

I like your #'s reg toe and caster, but Negative camber is a big improvement on handling especially turn in response, but the description on the readout describes negative camber, but I don't see any minus signs, not sure what I am missing.

For the money and the #'s you got, forget for now tube UCA, KYB's, 11/16" TR, adjustable struts, offset bushings and Boxing the LCA.

You do need a bigger/wider tire choice, and if you can accept the look, a bigger/better wheel. Beefier TB's at least to 1" are a must, with a better shock choice. Firm Feel 2 box is OK, maybe a 3 might be better. If all the suspension items are in good shape, I would make only the above changes and then re=evaluate. The Steering box would be the most difficult, but very well worth it, and you will not have to do anything over again for additional upgrades.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.