Quote:

Quote:

Aside from all the weld critiques which was very educational, I have a question and am surprised nobody else picked up on it. Are you planning on using a 5 point harness? There could be a major problem. I don't know how tall you are, but if you are planning on routing the shoulder belts through the seat, you will fail. The cross bar cannot be higher than shoulder height and no more than 4 inches below shoulder level. If you are planning on routing the shoulder belts over and around and the racing seat headrest, than you could be ok if it is within the 0 to -4" or 90 degree driver to shoulder belts angle. If not, that bar will not pass. You should really check these measurements while seated to make sure you will be safe. Even if only going to run "low 11's"

-Jason

Good eye on the shoulder harness mounting angle , nobody else including me caught it.

If that is your chosen seat, then you have safety problem. I don't know nor care if an inspector catches it or not. If the seat can be raised or another bar added, problem solved. The belted driver is mainly restrained from upward movement by the lap/crotch belt, the shoulder harness is primarily to restrain forward motion of the main mass of the body. The pictured y? belt single shoulder harness ( also nhra declined) seat opening would distort the shoulder harness and or seat, and is way too far down. To low is another topic. Far all this trouble, you do not want your head or body to be hitting this finely welded roll bar in a heavy on track incident, and of course their is resale value to consider.

Thanks ,but what your eagle eye missed is that im 6'2 /220 lbs and with my helmet on in this car with the seat mounted where i put it(which is basically on the floor),im maybe 3 inches from the roof.I dont plan on using the should strap hole in the seat .I am just going to run the shoulder strap around the seat bar as required and then over the seat ,thus correcting the problem.I look like a giant sitting in the seat of this Dart.The very top edge of that seat is even with my shirt collar .I had my freind take the measurements for the seat bar ,door bars ,main hoop ,etc ,with me sitting normally in the seat with my helment on as the instructions said to.I didnt rely on a hole in the seat to position anything. Your right on the resale thing ,a short man wont fit the car with the seat where i mounted it.I dont think its required to run the seat belt shoulder straps through the seat back ,if it was how do people with factory bench seats or factory buckets and a 5 point seat belt get through tech ? BTW, i dont plan on using that lap belt as its not legal to use a lap belt with a rollbar in any class ,at any speed ...

Last edited by The Shocker; 12/21/09 10:47 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...