Quote:

Aside from all the weld critiques which was very educational, I have a question and am surprised nobody else picked up on it. Are you planning on using a 5 point harness? There could be a major problem. I don't know how tall you are, but if you are planning on routing the shoulder belts through the seat, you will fail. The cross bar cannot be higher than shoulder height and no more than 4 inches below shoulder level. If you are planning on routing the shoulder belts over and around and the racing seat headrest, than you could be ok if it is within the 0 to -4" or 90 degree driver to shoulder belts angle. If not, that bar will not pass. You should really check these measurements while seated to make sure you will be safe. Even if only going to run "low 11's"

On another note, it drives me a little crazy when folks say they are only going to go "this" fast. Guess what, someone that is faster than you will be chasing you one day and all hell may break loose and you are in the cross hairs of the faster car. God forbid you are ever in this situation. Do you want to plan for your car only going so fast, or plan on what could happen and know that you followed the guidelines to make sure you kept yourself safe? If what I said about your belt mounting measurements/angles are off, if your car were to fold on impact, your spine would be compressed/crushed from the shoulder belts down. Other than looking out for you, the bar looks like a job well done. Thanks for asking everyones opinion. If you want me to copy the rollbar and seatbelt sections of the rulebook for you, just drop me a PM
-Jason

No certification required until you need a cage.Roll bars only need the bare minimum bars,the size and 100% weld.IHRA,NHRA don't certify roll bars. Don't let anyone scare you,it looks fine and is functionally correct.

Last edited by B G Racing; 12/21/09 04:49 PM.