Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And it seems like opinions vary on what the lack of power shifting vs lifting a bit is doing to my actual et?

Well, in either case above you are not power shifting, once you push the clutch you loose the power part.

Back in the late 60's when sticks were a lot more common that today, the racers that I knew called POWERSHIFTING just pulling the handle without using the clutch or lifting the gas; SPEEDSHIFTING was slightly using the clutch and leaving the gas floored, and GRANNYSHIFTING was clutching and lifting the gas. Different guys call it differently, like the posi/sure-grip/traction-lock nicknames. I never saw too many guys actually powershift without using a modified trans - as in modified blocker rings and sliders.

I remember using the same shifting terminology, but have been trying for a few days to remember the modifications made for power shifting. I think you did some welding here and grinding there but am really drawing a black. I am pretty sure Rick Allison built a few (or many).