I'm glad to hear you've got it fixed. I agree on the lean condition but I'm not entirely convinced of the way of fixing it. What I do is ar a warm idle, shut the engine off, count to 5 (or 10, doesn't matter) and turn the key to crank it. If it doesn't start right up without touching the throttle, the idle isn't rich enough. You should be able to richen the idle via the screws until the idle suffers, if you can't do that you need to richen the primary jet/rod combo. Believe it or not, that affects the range of the idle mix adjustment. What happens is, if the idle is lean, all that lean mix in the intake is sucked into the cylinders immediately when you crack the throttle. The accel. pump circuit is there to richen the sudden rush of air through the carb, not fatten up the mixture already in tne intake. That said, a big squirt can help cover up the other problem. If your primary mix is lean it'll be weak after the pump shot has passed and power and mileage will suffer because you'll need more throttle to accelerate the way you want. Also, a big squirt will waste fuel if it isn't really needed once the rest of the fuel curve is dialed in.

Quote:

I listened to the Edelbrock tech guy and installed the 43 squirters. Put back the stock jets and rods. Stumble is gone. Runs super. Went with yellow springs as i have just barely 10 inches of vac at idle in park. They were right, off idle stumble is a lean condition, needs more squirter. I guess thats why they have a tech line.