I thought he said it was a 1411 carb not a 1407. 1411's are leaner to start with. From Edelbrock:

EDELBROCK PERFORMER SERIES 750 CFM, ELECTRIC CHOKE CARBURETORS
CALIBRATED FOR ECONOMY WITH PERFORMANCE
Designed for 402 c.i.d. and larger engines with Edelbrock Performer manifolds and other brands of similar design, these carbs are recommended only for stock to Performer level applications. They are not recommended for use on RPM or Torker II intake manifolds. Calibrated 2% leaner than #1407. Provides excellent fuel economy when used on 454 c.i.d. Chevy and 460 c.i.d. Ford with Performer manifold. Includes both timed and full vacuum ports for ignition advance. Comes with: Metering Jets - Primary .110, Secondary .107; Metering Rods - .075 x .047; Step-Up Spring - orange (5" Hg).

With that, I had borrowed a 1407 from a friend a few years ago and out of the box I hated it. Maybe it needed some tuning, maybe not. It bogged, had poopy throttle response, I don't think the full throttle power was very good either. He runs that carb on a warmed 340 and says he loves it . It runs 13.20 in a 69 dart. Just a story i thought I'd share, I don't mind the Eddy's at all but I don't run one on my stuff.