Being a 28 mile long island we always drive to the track. We can see the lights form our house. Our routine is to throw the slicks in the boot, drop the exhaust, which is only 4 bolts each side, then bolt on the collector extensions. Motor on down to the truck. We have friends who have heavy duty floor jacks we can borrow but always bring a small one just in case. We pull in, jack the car up , change to the slicks. lower the torsion bars and off we go. We just leave the tools in a milk crate, our track is pretty good that way. Even if I had drag radials or ET Streets I would still change them at the track as our road would kill them.

So far I have broken one axle shaft, lost a rocker arm adjusting screw, and had the clutch go. In the case of the axle shaft, I was able to get to the bottom of our hill as at the time it had a clutch style sure grip in the 8-3/4. I had already called Michelle to bring her Land Rover, a rope and some rum, as she had stayed home for whatever reason. Had to use the Land Rover to pull it up the hill as the sure grip clutch could not hold it. Now, with the Tru-trac in the S60 that is in the car now I would not have been able to make it tot eh base of our hill but the chances of breaking the S60 are much lower, too.

The rocker arm I just limped home. The clutch failed by not disengaging so that was not too big of a deal in terms of limping home.

So far we have not been bothered by the Gendarmes with the collector extensions on. Once a couple of cops in uniform were working security at the gate. They just said "Sounds good".

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite