I like the way this thread changed how I think about this. All the time I see these types of "My car runs xx.xx and I drive it to the track" but really, lots of cars are capable of dual duty. My track is only about 20 minutes and 20 miles away. I always drive, because I have no tow vehicle and my car is 99% street driver. For the once or twice a year it'll see a track it's not worth owning a trailer. What I hadn't considered much about doing track duty, is that things can happen and eventually will happen. If you do break something, or some small unfixable happens, you're waiting on a tow truck and a pretty hefty bill. I guess if I had to travel quite a distance to run a race, the convenience of knowing, no matter what happens I can get myself home, is going to outweigh any concerns of not being seen as a "true street machine". As another member mentioned, haiving AC and a bit of comfort for a long trip is also a nice luxury that 30-40 year old cars seldom offer.

I guess I never will use a trailer due to my proximity to my race track and the ease/cost of getting a tow home. But if that ever changes, I can't see myself driving an hour each way and not wanting to trailer my car around.

Although if I get into a bit of Auto X that distance advantage I have will go away, and I will have to weigh that into my decision on whether to even go or just hold out for events closer to home.

Another consideration is gas availability. Depending distance to track and how many runs I make, my local track doesn't seem to have fuel, so my time on the strip is a bit limited by that factor. A nice trailer with stuff like that would be helpful if I did want to go to more races, further races or longer racing sessions.

Greg