Originally Posted by gtx6970
[quote=A12]Bill what Hemi engine are you asking this question for? Is it the original matching numbers engine in your car?

yes.

It uses a little oil and if I set timing where it really wants to be to run the best. Race gas /. premium mix then becomes mandatory or it rattles like crazy , diesels on shut down something fierce. Ive got timing set at about 15 base right now and can get away with straight 91octane. And it will still ping slightly if I get stuck in traffic on a really hot day.

Dieseling on shut down usually means it lean. Which can also cause pinging. I have my timing locked out at 34 and no problems. Mine stared to do that and the intake gasket was blown. It was hard to figure out what was going wrong but my wideband alerted me. As bad as it was you'd think it'll be obvious but with a big cam and headers it wasn't. Get a can of brake clean start the car, rev it up a little and spray the heck out of it where the manifold meets the head. The brake clean will tell you if it's leaking and excess will evaporate quick and not hurt anything. Don't use carb cleaner it will melt paint and discolor everything. Solution I got rid of the Fel pro and installed Superformance gaskets and it cured every thing including the small amount of oil I was using.

Good luck, Mike

09C5A455-D19B-482E-9D1F-59B7E559D409.jpgIMG_1918.JPG