Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by INTMD8
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
If you are going to be a bear, why not be a grizzly? I'd stroke that Hemi, get a minor port job on the heads, 3/4 roller cam, 10.5:1 compression.

Look, the 425-460 horse of a stock Hemi was a big deal in 1966-1967. Today, it's nothing. Don't embarrass the Hemi legend by building an engine that won't keep up with the LS.

The factor of embarrassment is based on the stroke?

If so I'll put 10k up against this car heads up no matter what displacement it ends up at. smile

No. It's the whole package. He says it is a purely street car, not a race car. But inevitably, he will be rolling down the freeway at 70 and some other hot car is going to pull up along side and floor it. He will be a lot less likely to be embarrassed if he has 650 horse under the hood than 450. And it is a whole lot easier and better street mannered to make 650 horse with the extra stroke.

I'm sorry Joel, I apologize. I took this the wrong way the other day but I understand what you're saying and agree.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 650rwhp @7250 510rwtq @5700