Originally Posted by A12
Bill what Hemi engine are you asking this question for? Is it the original matching numbers engine in your car?

yes.

It uses a little oil and if I set timing where it really wants to be to run the best. Race gas /. premium mix then becomes mandatory or it rattles like crazy , diesels on shut down something fierce. Ive got timing set at about 15 base right now and can get away with straight 91octane. And it will still ping slightly if I get stuck in traffic on a really hot day.

So Im contemplating a build at a later date. Maybe in the next 2 years or so .

I've talked to a few builders to maybe just send the long block out and have it done. And all but one highly suggested a 4.15 stroker crank ( or more ) and associated parts.

A friend of mine has his being done right now Staying stock stroke but went 30 over I believe. The builder is a retired top fuel mechanic ( dont know who ) So when he gets his back in and running this spring. I plan to take a ride and talk to the guy whom built it. Then go from there .
The compression issue is a project I knew I would be facing when I bought the car. The oil consumption wasnt

One guy whom I trust without issue suggested stroke it with a 4.15 crank ONLY if I pulled it down. BUT ,, he also said that if it runs good, ( and it does ) Leave it alone and just add oil as needed. $15,000 buys A LOT of oil.

Like Ive said I dont race it, honestly barely romp on it. Its more a cruiser / long term keeper / bucket list car for me.

I suggested a few weeks back to the wife to sell it . Buy a cheaper car and pocket a boatload of money and she shot that down in a milisecond. So the car is going no where at any point in time . When Im pushing up cactus . My girls will take over