Originally Posted by gtx6970
I was interested in a 2018 20ft box that had the 3 ft Vnose on it for $9500 , Thats at the top of my budget but it sold before I could make up my mind if I wanted to go that route

it seems anything enclosed of similar length and condition under $10k sells fairly easy/quickly.

One of my concerns with an enclosed, is weight on the truck. Its a 2012 ram 1500 quad cab 2wd. I dont want to overload it by any means.
Going longer only to get additional indoor storage is of zero concern. This is to transport the car with maybe a jack and spare tires and nothing more.
My car is about 17ft end to end. So that rules out an 18ft enclosed so Im looking 20ft , prefer a 22ft if I can find one, 24 ft is maximum (primarily thinking about GVW issues going that long )

A friend of mine has offered me his 20ft enclosed for a heck of a deal, problem is,,,its 2200 miles away.

Your truck can haul any trailer up to 28' with ease. I hauled a 29' v-nose with a 2000 Ram quad cab 4x4 5.9 gas for years, no issues going over the mountains in PA to CO. I towed a 34' LQ trailer with my 2015 Ram that weighed around 10K lbs and it was definitely at it's limits but would still do it without much complaint...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!