Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Also giving some thoughts to one of these.

My fear is the steel decks get slick when wet! So, I wonder if the car will move around in transport,,,,OR make it difficult to load / unload in wet conditions

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/253765690782008/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A0afd0f9f-5ab5-453f-8a0c-d25d24e40233

I have had steel deck trailers for decades, yes the get slick when wet, but my ramps had anti-skid coating on them and once the rear tires actually got on the trailer and off the ramp there were no issues. Of course you can always winch the car on if it is slick, and ALL trailers should have a winch on them... twocents

I plan to have a winch on it / in it regardless of type of trailer so thats not a problem. My concern was it moving around if get caught in the rain, A friend of mine has a steel deck open trailer and he told me it gets real slick in the rain. And loading it under its own power is out of the question, Thus a winch is mandatory.

Im open to steel deck, wood deck, steel frame or even an aluminum frame if price is right. Hell im not against an enclosed if price is right.

My concerns with an enclosed is GVW , seems most of the enclosed under 22 ft or less are only 7000 gvw . Where as most ( but not all ) 24 and up are at least 10,000 gvw

There is a dealer in Glendale I've been talking to that has brand new 20ft opens ( that are 18ft with additional 2 ft dovetail ) for $4000 and for the moment is my 1st choice . Steel frame, wood deck. 2 ft steel dovetail. 5 ft ramps ( shown )

I dont actually need it until next spring. So Im in no rush.

And yes, storing it is a concern.

trailer.jpgtrailer2.jpg