I've use borrow doulble axle trailers with no brakes or suspension when we first started racing, never again after wrecking one (and totaling the race car) due to a dog running out in front of my 1960 1/2 ton Ford long bed pickup truck. I had a old 1955 Dodge D500 flatbed truck I had converted to haul cars and used that for several years, one of the guys at work offered me more for it to haul a small tractor on it than I could turn down so I sold it. I bought a 1973 Ford F350 crew cab 8 Ft. single rear wheel pick up and converted it int a car hauler by having the frame stretch 5 ft. and adding a twelve foot long flat bed with a 30 inch long adjustable dove tail onto the end of it along with going to dual rear wheels and tires.: up: That truck was a pleasure to use empty or loaded boogie
I ended up selling it also and bought an old 1957 dodge 1-ton Roundy round race car hauler that needed a lot of work, STUPID realcrazy whiney
After that got fixed up and sold 3 yrs. later I bought my first enclosed race car trailer, it was a 24 ft. inside Braceo, It was really heavy, 6,000+ lbs. empty. Full of tools, spare tires and rims and the 3000 Lb. race car it was almost over the 10,000 Lb GVR shock
Next was a custom ordered and made 22 Ft Pace Shadow with a 7,000 Lb GVR that was way heavier new empty than the salesman had told me it would be, it weighed right at 4300 Lbs. empty at the factory in Hurricane Utah when I picked it up, the salesman had said it should weigh under 3000 Lbs. empty, wrong down rant
Bottom line is I now have a 1999 24 ft. enclosed Pace Shadow 10,000 Lb. GVR car trailer that I have had since around 2003 that I like a lot and it will probably be my last race car trailer up
Maybe not a 35 Ft gooseneck with a living and sleeping quatres would be nice for out of town races next year work devil shruggy
I forgot to mention that I ended putting electric winches on all my car hauling trucks and enclosed trailer with a 30 Ft. long cord up Makes loading them a breeze with no hassles straining your self driving them up or into or using a come a long to load them like we use to do years ago realcrazy down

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/30/23 07:27 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)