Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by topside
To me, the engine & trans have to be level side/side.
I'd be loosening the mounts & brackets, and with a carb plate or whatever, correct that.
Could be an incorrect mount, damage, or sloppy fitment.
Mission creep can suck, but better to have it right than not.
Might have to watch header fit, and hopefully more things weren't "rigged" to accommodate the leaning.

To John RR as well: The mount appear to be an original and in excellent condition (surprisingly). Maybe it was replaced when the car was restored 30 or so years ago shruggy

I did consider shimming the L side but there would still be a front to back angularity issue (yaw). In addition the poorly made L head pipe will the be too close to the torsion bar ( has already been clearanced once). There may be a few "other" issues that arise as well whistling
I am already BURIED in the car time wise and the owner is starting to squeal.
So, with all considered I think the kwik and dirty is to mod the BH mount and deal with it at a later time. No permanent change or damage done to the car and it can be easily rectified when he has more $$
I again sincerely appreciate the input and help, will keep all posted beer

Have you tried loosening the bolts from the engine brackets to the block on both sides and leveling it that way, tighten once level ?

I have not as I have to draw the line somewhere. If it were my car it would be a different story but he's starting to squeal and I'm buried in the car time wise frown . I have been down this road MANY times and have finally realized at 69 YO I can't fix everyone else's problems, especially for free. I have a very tolerant patient wife that has been neglected way too long.
Had a guy Call yesterday while I'm in the middle of an important phone call. ( the website clearly states to call ahead and make an appointment). Did he ? No. So I spent way more time than should have talking with him and giving him suggestions on things to try. Also referred him to another shop.
10 minutes after he leaves he calls and said it quit again and won't start. Well it quit 3 times on the way here which is about 20 miles away (there was a clue there). So am I supposed to drop everything and go bail this guy out? Sorry, told him to call a flatbed. I am done being taken advantage of and being Mr. Nice guy. I've seen very few people offering to help FOR FREE when I've needed it. Sorry for the RANT but I'm DONE!!! I love the work and I like helping others but I can't fix everyone else's problems.
I do want to Thank you for the suggestion(s) help and all the effort you have put in helping others on this site, myself included NUFF said beer