I've lived in several different area of this country. (East coast, West coast and Midwest) One thing I've discovered is that adapting to a new climate can be difficult for some people. I'm currently living in the Mid Atlantic / Southeast. The humidity in the summer is a real issue!! I can only imagine how much worse it would be near the coast in Texas! On the other hand, one of my Uncles lived in Michigan for decades. He moved to Tennessee and has been thrilled that he doesn't need to shovel snow any longer! So, a significant change in climate could be beneficial or it could be a problem. Climate should be considered carefully before moving!

If moving to a different area, consider the health effects of living there. In this area, seasonal allergies are a huge problem. Of course, some people call this area the "Allergy Belt" of the country. Other areas will have other issues that might affect a person's health. In dry, windy areas, dust can affect some people. Large temperature swings can affect people with arthritis. The number of sunny days affect other people. There are many other examples of how living in a new area might affect a person.

As far as politics in an area. This would be important to some people. I suspect a better option, for many people, is to stop allowing TV media companies to shape their view of politics. Of course, there is a story of how I reached this conclusion. Back several years ago, I was struggling with depression. (This was triggered by losing six family members, plus my dog, in one year.) During that time, someone suggested that I stop listening to the news. I ultimately cut TV time down to only a few hours per week and rarely watch the news any more. I feel MUCH better after doing this and recommend other try it. I'm convinced the media companies intentionally attempt to manipulate their viewers emotions to control how their viewers think and act. Obviously, different people will be affected differently by watching the news. I did NOT have even the slightest clue as to how much the news was affecting me, until I turned it OFF! After turning off the news, I went through some "withdraw type" symptoms for several weeks. Once that was over, I felt considerably better! I'm now a "recovering news junkie"!

If someone is considering a long distance move and wants to research various places,there is a very valuable website. This website has an extremely wide range of statistics about various places. Just put in the place you want information on and a place you are familiar with and statistics for each place will be put up side by side for easy comparison. The website is:

https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/

Lastly, if someone is considering relocating to a different area, it is often wise to rent a place there for a year or two before committing to the purchase of a property. Renting allows a person time to search for a good deal on a new home and / or look for a home that is exactly what they desire.

Last edited by QuickDodge; 07/15/23 12:27 PM.