Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by stumpy
no state income tax but high housing prices.100*+ summer temps mainly for short periods. Lots of nice cruise weather the rest of the year.A number of drag strips if you are into to that or plenty of car shows. Decent job market.

Interested in this thread/question. You folks that live in no state income tax land.....what are vehicle registration costs? personal property taxes? Etc? We know the gov't gets their share one way or another. Thoughts?

Registration costs here are less than $100 / yearly. There are no personal property taxes, well, except for Dallas, I think they implemented a personal property tax on vehicles in the early 1980's?. I noted the property tax in my other post. Mine are ~ $9,000 / yearly, insanely high to me, but from what I hear from other areas, pretty cheap.

Appreciate the reply. Sounds like my registration costs. 9k/year property taxes are high for me but I don't know your property. I have 2k sq ft/4 car attached garage on 1 acre in a community of 2 thousand people. I pay 3k/year