I was born and raised in Texas, left when I was 11 however. We have lived there a couple of times since over the years with the military. I have been back often over the years. I LOATHE DFW and Houston, Houston is probably my least favorite area in the US. We have lived in San Antonio are a couple of times and i grew up there as well. It like most city in the state has grown a ot the last couple decades. But if you can be outside the city especially to the north side its nice. DFW, forgetaboutit. Its very crowded and spread out. We have lived in Grapevine two decades ago and it was girting to bog then. We have friends in both DFW are and Houston. Ill pass on either thanks. West Texas is for Cowboys and oil folks. Places like Odessa are not fit for humans really, unless you like wind and smoke. Texas has a variety of climates for sure, from fairly dry to extremely humid. Hot everywhere in the summer. My wife and I have thought about going back to retire as it is very favorable to vets and native born verts. and the programs for diabled vets are great(we fit in here). But it has become so crowded and expensive in certain areas its a tough decison.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"