Originally Posted by TX9H6E4CUDA
Good evening everyone
So for the last few years, I have been miserable in the state (Minnesota or Minnefornia) I live in. State politics, weather, and my state not being very friendly to my career field, I have been thinking of moving. The wife and I have visited Texas a bunch of times (around Dallas, Austin, and Houston) and we fell in love with the state. I currently work at a good place but I have an opportunity anytime in the future to transfer.

So what are the pros and cons of living in Texas? I am asking to hear from residents or former residents as we are seriously looking at uprooting and leaving.

Thank you and its appreciated

C'mon down, bring your sunblock and get ready for 10 months of air conditioning and yard work per year. Houston and Austin? tsk

Cons: heat, humidity, traffic, housing prices, property taxes (legislature in session now trying to relieve that problem) It is projected that by 2100, D/FW will be the largest metro area in the country. Yes, bigger than NYC, Chitcago, Hotlanta and L.A. Get ready for 10 months a year of Air Conditioning and yard work.

Pros: It's a VERY dynamic area, pick a spot in the middle of the metromess and you may never need to move again. Gas prices are generally in the lowest tier of the country. I almost forgot, our precipitation almost always goes down the drain. Winters and usually quite mild. Generally very little snow and ice here. When there are slick roads, just stay home. The traffic negates ANY driving skill you may have. Lowest common denominator rule.

I've not lived there but if I was coming in cold, I'd probably consider San Antonio. Houston and Austin are non starters for me.

After being a gypsy for my first 17 years, I've been here now for 51 years continuously, 54 years total in three stints.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi