Thanks a bunch everybody, it's hard to make the story super exciting when it only ran mid 12's for most passes and didn't need to be touched all week, but it was without a doubt the coolest and most addicting thing I've ever done with a hot rod. Roadkill Nights the last couple years was cool, but this was next level. I was worried I was going to be sick of the car by the end, and that wasn't the case at all.

Jeff/Clark- you aren't kidding. People are lined up way, way early to get good pit spots. They didn't open the lanes themselves until 9am each day though (11am on Friday), and went by class calls, A through D and the class that went first rotated each day. I take it Drag Week used to just let everyone line up at once?

From what I understand Ed Ensor, the guy who just won and set the record for n/a with his 632 powered fox body is a friend of Curt Johnson. He averaged 7.53 over 4 days.

Ted, Tri-State was very nice! I really liked the track and everyone was friendly. I liked the layout too. The crowd was decent as well.

Bob, thank you. The bodywork on the Charger still looks as good as when I towed it home from your house. I'm super glad Dennis and Jeremy did such an incredible job with it!

John, the other races besides Midwest Drags don't have an ET cutoff on them. I was surprised at the number of 14-15 second cars. Everyone felt welcome for sure. From what I understand the promoters of Midwest Drags are getting into legal battles with some of the other drag and drive races because they filed a trademark a few years ago. It got ugly. I saw comments online about it but I didn't hear any mention of it at this event. I would love to do another midwest one or Ohio/PA/MD too. We'll see what the schedules look like next year.

Will have contemplate further what to do for next year- the Fury is in a bit of a weird spot. I don't think it's quite fast enough on motor, and I don't want to jet it down and spray it to only run 11.50's but I also don't want to put a rollbar in it. It was absolutely perfect for the street drives- PLENTY of trunk and interior space, comfy bench seat, and with compression backed off on all the shocks it really rode well. I have the full TTI exhaust, 1 7/8" headers, cutouts for good measure, and Trick Flow 270's waiting to go on the car. I don't think that will get me all the way to where I want it to be though. Guessing the heads will be 2-3 tenths at most on the stock shortblock. I would just do a stroker over the winter if I can find a good Detroit area engine builder but it's also really hard to pull it apart when it runs so well, doesn't make any noises, and still makes ok power. Will definitely think on it some!

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118