Day 4, continued

We took off for the first checkpoint and are a little behind schedule, this is the last drive day and also one of the longest- especially with the detour I added. First checkpoint was a state park with what looked like a man made lake. Got our pic, headed on down the road. Checkpoint 2 was at Hot Rods by Havlick- these were very cool people. Offered us water, soda, had a little area set up for people to do burnouts, and tons of people spectating along with directing traffic. Hung out for a bit, watched some cars, then took off again.

Last run was to Motion Raceworks for their end of the road party. We stopped for gas prior to it at one of the few stations that had 91- everywhere else was 87 only! Was also nervous as there was a report that one of the stations near Tri State had a tank full of water- a '57 Chevy in the Sick Ward had to dump out all of their fuel after posting a picture of the water in their fuel system. But, our fuel was fine, the car was running great, and we made it to Motion Raceworks for free drinks, free dinner, shop tours, and a huge party. Got a spot up front and enjoyed bench racing and watching the variety of cars. Pretty much everything you'd see was cool or unique in its own way, and everyone we talked to was friendly as well.

The only unfortunate part was that in front of Motion Raceworks they had an impromptu burnout area. How is that unfortunate?? I'm too chicken to do them in the Fury in the dry. I don't think it has enough power to do easy 2nd gear burnouts with no water on the ET streets with a trunk full of supplies, and it has a non-LBA valve body so there is no way I'm risking a 1st gear burnout with it. I either need to carry a water bottle just for those burnouts, or give the car some more power. lol

We made it to the final hotel in Le Claire around dusk, and again a bunch of competitors roll in, including more hilarious guys from Chicago, and Bryant Goldstone. Last hotel stay of the trip, it went by way, way too quickly, and I'm one pass away tomorrow morning from being able to say I've completed my first drag and drive event.

IMG_3042.jpgIMG_3043.jpg

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118