Dragula, it's a bummer to see what issues you've had with your Hemi. frown

Thanks to the guys on the forum I had a heads up on the Hemi's potential oiling issues on the street with decent roller cams.

Being aware of this, after the first few street drives I pulled the covers for a peek. The exh pushrods were just starting to go a light yellow colour where the cup meets the pushrod tube. You know how it goes, light yellow, dark yellow, brown then black/blue from a lack of oil. The intakes were fine, this was with a .750"/.680", 270/280 @ .050" Bullet roller. I asked for streetable lobes/ramps but that's another story for another day. Rockers are Stage V intakes and widepad OEM exhausts.

I figured I'd have a crack and try to solve the issue without spending mondo dineros, so I tapped into the spare oil port at the back of the block with a tee fitting and ran 1 brake hard line to a SS fitting mounted in the front of of one valve cover and the other hard line to another small SS fitting in rear of the other valve cover. These fittings were installed to these flared hard lines with tube nuts through the valve cover walls and sealed, then I ran hard lines inside from one end of the VC to the other and marked/secured/angled them towards the pushrod cups on the exh side. They were them bonded in place in the walls of the cast VCs with JB Weld.

Next step, I drilled and countersunk holes in the tubes opposite the springs/pushrod cups, then soldered them shut, (the mild countersink was to allow the solder to have adequate area to "grab" to the tube) then used a pin drill to drill tiny holes in the soldered area. Patience was the key here, ie cut tubes, flare, route, trial fit, remove, mark holes, remove, drill, solder, pin drill, reinstall, test. Repeat for other side.

Then came the a street tests and checks, like magic - the cleaned pushrods stayed clean and the problem went away.

Intakes are still fine and everything still looks good. As for the cam, thanks to input from a great member here, eventually I swapped it out with a grind that has a lobe that won't beat up on the valvetrain and still make really good power. And it does. So far so good !

I learned if a Hemi's roller cam is much over .200 deg duration @ .200" lift......the lobe can give you issues on the street; I was told to keep it under 200.

Hope this helps. up

Last edited by LAD 524; 02/20/23 08:13 AM.