Originally Posted by Dragula
I think back and wonder if I had put a built 572 Wedge for this car instead of a Hemi, how many fewer times, would I have had to pull the engine for somthing like this? Probably never....Pretty frustrated to have to pull the engine every other year with so little run time on it. Half temped to sell it and build a Wedge motor cause the only thing I see solving this issue is a set of $5k Ray Barton rockers...

I have the barton rockers, and they are jewelry forsure, but not the only answer..... So many things get overlooked, like prime the engine with covers off to see how well oil is getting to the spring. was the spring close to coil bind? was the spring not compressed enough? did you just check a spec sheet or did you actually measure it..... because if you measured it i would be willing to bet it has less lift then you may think. There is some deflection in rocker gear. It can be done, I know because I have done it. Four years ago I competed in a drag and drive event with a cam that was .791 lift and @50 it was 282intake and 300exh, in the event we did over 350 miles in 2 days. Not huge, but i drove the car like that for years without an issue for years, and my new cam is bigger. I had norris steel rockers on a indy 1RA cylinder head. I didn't use any oil restrictors and had -10AN drain backs in back of each head.