Originally Posted by fastmark
I’ve got two. One is an old industrial clamshell type. It works well but it can leak some. I bought a medium size Scat from in a package deal in a big buy. I like it but it’s not near big enough for big items. Get the biggest you can afford. You will use it all the time. Get a big compressor and a good water filter trap. I use the one with the paper roll from TP. They are a great source for parts. I use a regular big shop vac with bags for one. The bags for the canister type can blow out and send dus5 all over the place.

The filter you speak of is made by Motor guard and has been around for years. they can b e bought cheaper elsewhere wink They were originally used as an oil filter back in the 50's. one would want the M-60 as it has larger fittings for air flow.
If one does not have an air dryer on their compressor you will likely need one of these. I place a separator with a drain just before the MG Filter and then straight to the regulator separator on the the blast cabinet. I also add an 1/8 NPT petrcock to the bottom of the MG housing so i can drain it as well wink