i have a whole lot of experience on this.
i have three cabinets. first one is a dry pressure cabinet. that i use 10x epix which is around a 100 grit. low dust no silica. fast cutting 30x40"
2nd is a modified syphon feed (gravity feed through the bottom) dry #10 glass bead. 24x36"
3rd is a wet blast vapor blast cabinet (water + glass bead) 40x40"

all work well after modifying them. you can start off with a harbor frieght chinesium cabinet and modity the feed. lots of stuff online to do the conversion. it will perform 3x faster with the mods. check out tacoma company for the mods but source your stuff elsewhere he is a dick and ships when he feels like it
anything 24x30" would be a good start.
add a vacuum system to the cabinet as well. dust deputy works well for catching the dust before it hits the vacuum.

compressor. that depends on how big of a nozzle you use. smaller nozzle - less production but uses less air. You could probably get away with a 3hp but i would go 5hp at least if your starting fresh. good water trap as well

lots of medias work well alox is very heavy and can have problems flowing. garnet is a hard media that holds up. epix is good but very expensive.

another trick. dont fill your cabinet with 50-100lbs of media. put 10lbs in. easier to dump and no benefit with too much media in it.

used....facebook marketplace buy a cheapie and modify. easy to do. a $300 cabinet you can make work like a $3000 one.