Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
I tried to fine something, anything, that provides some insight into the riff at IHRA w/ the new owner and can't find anything that's been made public. And there are people who say the WDRA is going to be run "by the same people that ran the IHRA into the ground".

I'm waaaay on the outside of this, other than the MIR / Royce Miller connection to WDRA now. shruggy

It would appear US131 Motorsports park is making the move away from IHRA as well.
Guess my thought is, I don’t understand why, at least at this point. 131 hosts the bracket finals for IHRA every year, and the new IHRA owner to be has a very good reputation( Jeffers)
My thought is, why not let things shake out a while before leaping from a known weight supporting lillypad, to another, that at this point is unknown …
Which all leads me to believe( because a number of well run tracks seem to be moving) is there must be more to all of this than meets the eye.
Jason, who has run 131 for 20 odd years has tons of contacts in drag racing, and 131 is an excellent, even elite, facility. Time will tell about all this stuff

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17