Originally Posted by '72CudaRacer
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
As long a the fluid meets the spec, the brand doesn't matter. Personally, I'd prefer Valvoline over Pennzoil (brand loyalty)

I'm with you, I've run Valvoline in every application for over 50 years with zero problems. Now is something else better, or at least comparable, probably so but I'm not risking anything to find out.

Same here. The problem that I have run into with Valvoline, is that MOST of their products (not just ATF) has gone from "conventional" to "synthetic blend". I'm old school for sure, and don't like changing horses in the middle of the stream. But it's either that or do with out. Not real sure about syn ATF in a race transmission?

Brian

Interesting you say that. I always ran 5W-30 Valvoline conventional in wifey's Tribeca. One day I bee-bop down to NAPA and can't find it. All I can find is 'synthetic blend'. So I go home, get a bottle of what I'd been using and go back asking why the disappearing act. So the owner gets on the Ashland tech line and is told that the 5W-30 was always a synthetic blend and it had to be to get the viscosity range. Nothing has changed except the bottle. Okay, I buy the synthetic blend and change oil. Next oil change I go back to NAPA and lo and behold, conventional 5W-30 is back on the shelf! Happy camper buys three cases. Use them up and go to NAPA a week ago to buy some more and...wait for it...."synthetic blend" 5W-30 is all they have. Don't ask me what is going on. I don't know and the owner doesn't know. shruggy

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".