Have been making slow progress with the engine. After mocking up a cylinder head to check for pushrod length, I noticed that the pushrods were going to hit the block. INDY casts one block for Wedge, and HEMI's. If the block is designated for a Wedge head, the boss for the HEMI head bolt is machined off. While this is a used block, the previous owner had SR heads, with 1.5 rockers. 440-1 heads with offset intake rockers, and 1.6 rockers changed the pushrod location. I taped everything off, and took my die grinder to the areas that need to be clearanced. Nothing too major, just takes time. A buddy of mine turned down the mandrel for my vacuum pump. Didn't want any more hanging out than was necessary.

Over the last weekend, I was able to get the rear end setup. A friend had a set of 4.30 Pro Gears with a few passes on them. I also think I have my RacePak driveshaft senor issue figured out. The graph has always been messed up after a pass, and never "clean". Doing some reading and it was mentioned that the bracket holding the sensor needs to be nonferrous. My was made of steel. Guessing the sensor was grounding out? That is now fixed, hopefully.

563front.jpg

69 GTX 68 Road Runner