Another thought, here locally we have a very active Senior Citizen Center (I think its county). They have people that have been in the "industry" for years there that help explain the processes and the ins and out of it. If your area has such a thing, that might be a good resource. The one here has a generic class, then recommends two different seminars held by different insurance companies (don't sign up for anything until you hear at least a second option)!
Through those processes (total cost of $0 and about an hour of time each, helped us a lot. Then we chose an insurance broker that actually handled all three choices for "acceptable" Medicare options. We chose an acceptable Insurance plan over the gov Medicare for ourselves because it was more cost effective over a 10 year run, for us, in our situation. My wife and I each have different options with the same company because of each of our medical conditions are different.

The only out of pocket expenses for me is the government take for Medicare, and prescription deductible with each 3 month shipment. My wife pays the government take away, an additional $25/ month, and the prescription deductible, which for some of her medications is pretty high. We will look into a different choice for her during the next enrollment cycle, but having both of us through the same insurance makes some stuff much easier.

When you are looking at the prescription coverage, make note that the companies will only give you an estimated cost of each prescription you take. For some of my wife's prescriptions, that estimate was quite low, the real numbers are much higher. There is a thing called a Doughnut Hole that some prescriptions fall into. If one or more of your prescriptions fall into that Doughnut Hole, be ready for a disaster!