Poor boy is correct. I also turned 65 I last September. I chose regular Medicare and have to send in the premium. I got a supplement too for cheap. Its only 85 a month or so. I got the prescription plan that is 8.00 a month, even though I don’t take any meds right now. You pay a higher premium at a later time if you enroll as a penalty. My mother in law has Humana plan and is separate option of SS of a private company approved by the government. She does not like it as her premium is higher and some things they don’t pay for. Her deductible is higher as well. I think it’s a rip-off. I advise against it. I had to have a surgery that I put off until I got on Medicare. The bill was $67,000! I paid about $300 and Medicare and my supplement paid the rest. All the supplement policies cost the same and regulated by the gov. All this is so much better than my crooked blue cross insurance. My premium was almost 1500 a month with huge deductible that I never met. The same operation would have cost me 10,000 and blue cross negotiates the price where they don’t pay anything. Good luck.

Last edited by fastmark; 05/15/22 07:03 AM.