Originally Posted by PurpleBeeper
I havee one of those myself. Mine isn't polished and has what's left of fine textured medium flat black paint. All the raised aireas are just cast aluminum, not polished. I think tri power faced backwards on mr norm 340 six pack demons, but I'm not positive

you are 100% correct. smile

The face backward becuse they went on some year very.
The "Tri-Power was viewed from front to back as the hood opens the other way. So you were looking at it the opposite than on our cars.
Or so I heard and read. Could be an old wife's tale.
More of me wanting to know how they were since my research shows them like Jim's. And all over the place claims that theirs came other ways. So just wondered since it is an after market part if anyone could support otherwise. Even one post at Abodiesonly saying one was orange.
I may or may not polish the ribs and sides as it is not like I am doing a restoration.

Having had one in 1972. I believe the raised areas were brushed (think 60-80 Grit). The finish did have a slight pebble look to it and was a satin black with very little sheen to it. The air cleaners were actually made for the BB Tri power corvettes which as stated above the hoods opened from the rear. The original Segal filter elements were white with a diamond shaped aluminum screen inside & out with somewhat soft black molded top & bottom.

When used on a mopar, the base when installed on the carbs required the lid to be “backwards” (to us) so the holes in the lid would match the studs on the outboard carbs which were offset. Sorry for the crap-y pic but hey it was 1972 I was 18 and thought the engine compartment looked awesome puke

The second pic was about 3 years later after I met an individual who had a profound impact on my life. Just a little bit of clean up was needed, on both wink LOL smile

NOTE the cardboard/ metal trans fluid can. The greenies should jump on that as they were a lot more earth friendly than plastic

dart AC 2IMG_0003.jpgdart engine 2 2022-01-16 001.jpg
Last edited by TJP; 01/16/22 09:29 PM.