Originally Posted by Moparite
Sounds like you are all over the place on what to decide on. Extended cabs are nice for the extra space for your stuff. Ever consider a Cummings?

Yes I have considered a CUMMINS (no "g") but can't currently afford one. And aunt paying what they want even for a rot bucket. If I get a Cummins truck, it will be 2002 orr older.
I'm either gonna get the '12 or I'm gonna get the '90 club cab, AND I am gonna have my /6 powered 85 D150 on the road by spring too. That will be my daily "mileage eater" during the 3 non road salt seasons.
I am gonna keep the 96 4wd Dakota for my winter workhorse. I've been looking around at the few regular cab trucks on places like auto trader and this one near me seems best bang for the buck in all of Chicago land. Going either 4 door or 4wd takes this (almost) 14k truck to a 20k (or higher) truck even in the same model year and some even older.

Something that just complicated matters, I found out that my daughter in law is pregnant again, will be the 2nd grand kid. 1st will be a year old in 2 weeks.i got screamed at by the daughter in law in front of the stands at the county fair because I had the car seat in wrong the first time that I ever drive my grand son around. (only way I could get it in there, had it facing forward) in my club cab Dakota.... I ain't buying a vehicle for me to drive to satisfy her. I was raised without one as was my wife, though my son came home.in a car seat, things weren't as crazy in the early 90s as they appear to be now. I'm sorry I don't know as much about those as the daughter in law thinks she does.
I have never cared much for 4 door anything. When the Durango croaks well probably look for a 4 door Ram for grandma to drive. But not for me. Even though they actually have 6 doors maybe then it's time for another B van. It will not be any sort of minivan.