Thinking it might be time to replace one or both of my current trucks. I prefer 96-older Dakotas and 01-older full size. (would really prefer 93-down) but not much around here in those trucks that has more solid sheet metal than swiss cheese sheet metal, so though I really don't like the idea I have been window shopping newer Dodge trucks. I have owned nothing but Dodges, since I have been driving/ so I figure why change now.... I had an 07 Dakota in today at work whose body is worse than the bodies on both my 96 and my 99 Dakotas.
It's time to go back to a full size. I see a clean '12 1/2 ton reg cab longbed on a local lot, that I stopped and asked about....
less than 100k (been a LONG time since I have had anything with that low of miles)
4.7 engine have they gotten any better over the years? Still have issues with valve seats? I was never really crazy about that family of engines. was hoping for a Hemi.
coil springs on the rear, Doesn't seem right on a truck. Never had a truck so designed// though I know that some 67-72 Chevys were that way. when did Dodge start that crap?

why is every Dodge that era that isn't a 4 door, white? all 3 of our current vehicles are white, want to get away from that, I have zero use for a crew cab. the beds are worthless because they are so short. seems like the only way, though, not to be stuck with another white truck.
still more than I want to spend,// but compared to others around with today's pricing, this one doesn't seem that badly priced. according to carfax, it seems pretty well maintained.
I really wish they still made the 318/360 Magnum series of engine, in the newer series of Dodge trucks. that would definitely make my decision so much easier. never was a fan of steel timing chains on plastic guides. Stupid. I had my fill of that setup on 2.7 Intrepids, at work.
I have my 85 D150 winter project well underway// even though it is only a slant 6, I hope to make that my 3 season daily driver. Definitely not interested in the newer style 6 cylinders,