Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by SRT6776
You dont want hydrogen unless you want 200hp muscle cars again like 1977. No energy in the fuel. Answer is EV and solid state batteries, set the power you need from 300-1300 and have a max 3000 mile range.

No batteries for me, I'm still a mechanical kind of guy...........still wearing an Omega mechanical wrist watch and cut with a gas powered Stihl chainsaw and mow the grass with a gas powered JD mower.....................................just no soul in an EV for me. It's still an art to make a watch tick mechanically as it is to make an internal combustion engine hum and produce a sound like a great musical instrument. The rest of the world can and will move on to lots and lots of EV's and that's okay and needs to happen...I'll try to hang on to my love of all things mechanical and treat it as I do now, as a HOBBY. Don't care to have a 1300 HP (or kw) golf cart that most anyone can drive by pushing a go pedal. Getting somewhat back to the original post, as I said right now everyone is making a big deal out of performance of a vehicle in a mere one thousand, three hundred and twenty feet.......whoppy ding grin wink

Enjoy it, I hate working on cars/engines anymore. I have an electric vacuum that autonomously cleans and goes back to its docking station, an e-cig helped me quit smoking and I have an e-bike that gets me out riding again and feels the same as I did as a 12 year old on my XR80. Yeah, I'll take an electric Mopar muscle car too. Why would I want to have any of this stuff break down and fix it? Screw that. They'll know it broke (not mechanically) and fix it while I sleep automatically. I'll own a vintage muscle car, as a garage toy conversation piece as some have trophy horses (as muscle mopars have already been for 30 years) I had a 392 8 years ago, yawn....do you?

Last edited by SRT6776; 08/26/21 03:05 AM.