Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I hate mopar reman transmissions, I have pulled apart 48REs with V8 planataries in the OD section and all kinds of weird junk, seems they just grab parts out of a big ole bin and if they physically fit they just throw it in there. I would find someone that knows that specific trans very well and have them build me one, it should still be cheaper than injectors on a duramax.

The Chrysler tech that fixed our 604 that was in limp mode in 1993 at 20,000 miles said the same thing about remans, if the pan is not full of metal always fix what you have. He found a bad clutch pack snapring and this trans is at 220,000 with only 2 fluid changes.

I always wondered if a spin on oil filter in the cooler return line would be smart, it may not matter because if the converter fails there will be so much trash that the filter will plug and wipe out the rear support and gears. It seems the deep pans with the pickup that is an inch or so off the bottom is the best solution.

Just think of the poor guy that gets the remains of your 280,000 miles trans, no way it will be a good trans, always hated parts bin mismatched parts trans, I would find one that is working with clean fluid and build that.