Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
So 6 days before Carlisle I got a new transmission from Chrysler in my 2015 Ram installed at the dealership that sold me the truck new, hooked up the trailer, and headed east. No issues at all going out, driving around while there, and 90 miles back west. That is when it quit working altogether, completely freewheeled no forward gears or reverse. Was going up a long grade near Bedford, PA and had to back off the road and call Chrysler and they sent a wrecker which they paid for. However I had to pay $230 for the trailer to be towed to the dealership in Bedford also. I had to stay the night locally then rent a U-Haul van to bring my parts back home as it was the only vehicle for rent within a 30 mile radius! They would only rent it round trip, so I had to take it back the next Monday. Luckily a good friend came out to Bedford and met me so I could get home. The dealership in Bedford couldn't even look at until last Friday then said it is something internal and they will take the trans out and see if it is fixable. I use my truck as my business and without it I don't have any income, so what should I do with Chrysler about compensation? They had not offered something to drive either. This has cost me over $2000 and lost income as I had to put off some transports and parts sales because of it. I did get the old 2001 Cummins truck up and running but I don't trust it for long transports and it has no HVAC at all, so I need to get a complete dash and all components and take the time to get it all going. Thanks for reading my rant, but I had to borrow a Duramax from a friend to get me trailer back home and finish the two transports I was doing when the Ram broke. I may just go to the dark side...

I don't think there is really any recourse for you, the fine print takes care of those liabilities. Sorry about your luck but you know the saying, poop happens. I still for the life of me can't figure out your inclination to destroy transmissions. You are like a one man trans wrecking ball. laugh2

What I didn't mention is that I bought a lifetime powertrain warranty and they replaced the first trans at 281,000 miles and it only cost me my $200 deductible. I was counting my lucky stars until 6 days later, I thought I would get another 280K miles out of the new trans! I then found out it was a reman, not a new trans. They also replaced the torque converter and cooler as it was the torque converter that really failed and put garbage throughout the original trans. The also replaced the left exhaust manifold because it was warped and kept breaking the cheap Chinese studs...

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!