Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by RustyMopar01
Man that sucks about the transmission. With your luck on transmissions I don't if going to the dark side would be any better. I do agree that maybe a medium duty truck would be a better bet.

Several of us ran FL series about 20 years ago. Medium duties are a different world. If you don't like your local dealer service, you'll hate big truck service departments, at least back then. Half assed and half done seemed to be the order or the day. One of us had a Fuller Spicer FS6406 puke at around 40,000 miles. What I DID like, you can hammer on these things all day long without worrying about breaking stuff. They make one ton components look like light weight toys.

Even the highly vaunted NVG 5600 isn't immune from failures.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/threads/nv5600-to-fso6406a-6-speed-fuller.41978/

That is the only trans I haven't had the pleasure of destroying yet, the NV5600 but might give that a try. I had a CDL for a few years and worked at International as a truck porter, I can even kill Road Rangers...LOL! I am looking at a local International toter with the 444E (7.3 diesel in the Ferds) but haven't found out what trans is in it yet. I am also thinking about retiring... no

Last edited by Rhinodart; 07/21/21 11:37 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!