I hear ya. Electrical problems have never been my strong suit. Back around 1976 my first car - a 70 Cuda 340, developed an electrical problem - an intermittent one. Sometimes the car would just go dead - like your scenario. I took it over to "Livonia Auto Electric" - what more do you need in a name than that? The guy called me a couple hours later & said "car's ready - 35-bucks." When I got there I asked him what went wrong. He showed me a wire under the dash & said he installed a fuseable link, which I saw. I don't know if the wire melted down like yours or why, but he said "they do that a lot - you won't have that problem anymore." Anyway, never had that problem again.

Also many years ago - summer 1968-9, we were on vacation in Michigan's UP - middle of nowhere, & our few year old 65 Ford wagon decided that when you turned on the headlights, the ignition would just cut-out - car went dead. My Dad took it to some small rural auto repair place & the guy fixed the problem. I don't remember the whole story - wish my Dad was still around so he could fill me in on the details. That same trip, one of the wheel bearings went bad too & we had to get that fixed on the road as well. Thinking back, those were problems that should have never happened on a 3-4 year old car. I've never been crazy about Phord products, & my wife's 2013 Edge is NO exception!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified