Thanks guys. You had me following the wires from the fusible link so being that the one red ones goes into bulkhead I decided to pull the gauge pod out entirely instead of just the ittle bit I did to check where I had bypassed the amp gauge. Once I did that I could see the red wire to the amp gauge had melted some prior to the amp gauge connector. There was an existing connection there but I have no idea whether it was factory or someone else had done but I remember giving it some electrical tape while I was there anyway doing the amp gauge bypass. When I wiggled it the key on buzzer started when I let go buzzer off. So that’s where the problem is there is some bare wire showing and it obviously had done a little bit of melting. Again I don’t know what this is and what would cause us to melt. I did add a 150 power master alternator about a year or so ago. This would not have caused that to happen with it? Here’s the problem junction in red wire. Just after is my wrapped amp gauge bypass and it looks fine still. I circled burn spot in orange. There's bare wire poking out top. Almost looks like there might have been some kind of factory inline fuse or something.

ampbypass (2).jpeg
Last edited by larrymopar360; 07/05/21 05:38 PM.

Facts are stubborn things.